Skip to content
7 TIPS TO SAVE YOUR WEDDING DRESS
- It is important to have your wedding dress cleaned within a month maximum after your wedding. Eventually, stains do set and become impossible to remove.
- Never store your dress in a plastic bag as it gets damaged by mold.
- Use a drycleaner that has bridal expertise for wedding dress cleaning.
- Run away from any dry cleaner who posts a sign that states, “We are not responsible for buttons, beads and trim.”
- Don’t use a cleaner who preserves your dress and doesn’t allow you to open the storage box. Don’t you want to be able to show your daughter your wedding dress?
- Wash your hands or wear cotton gloves before handling your cleaned wedding dress. Oil from your hands has the ability to discolor your dress over time.
- Never store your dress in an attic or a basement. Attics are always too hot, and basements too damp. There are no exceptions. Even finished basements that look dry are too damp.